This is a perfect opportunity to work for one of the best child care providers in Leicester. Due to expansion we are looking for a Deputy to work across all our sites in Leicester to add depth to our long term, committed, and passionate management team.
St. George’s Nursery School first began in 1994 in the City Centre of Leicester. The founders wanted good quality childcare for their own children than was currently being provided in the Leicester area. A nursery that would set children up for school; a nursery that would develop their educational, social, physical and emotional skills as well as increase their confidence. If you want to be part of this professional setting then this job is for you.
Requirements of Deputy Nursery Nurse:
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with real passion for childcare who is looking to work within our professional organisation. The role of Deputy Manager is to assist the Nursery Manager to provide professional leadership and management of the nursery and to help ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
• It is essential that the successful candidate has NNEB/NVQ3/Btec
• You must have a good understanding of the EYFS and be capable of maintaining children’s development records.
• We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
• Successful candidates will be offered an extensive Induction programme.
• Childcare: 2/3 years (Required)
• Management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Paediatric First Aid preferred but not essential as appropriate training will be given
• DSL (preferred)
Responsibilities of Deputy Manager:
• Take overall management responsibility for the nursery in the absence of the Manager.
• Assist the Manager in providing effective day-to-day management of the nursery.
• Assist the Manager in the implementation of effective policies and procedures within the nursery.
• Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members.
• Support all staff and promote a good staff team.
• communication with parents
• leading and supporting a staff team
• to share and support the Manager and have full responsibility during their absence
• Salary is competitive. It is negotiable depending on age, qualifications and experience. Reviewed annually
• great holiday entitlement
• Further on the job training. Also access to your own online training programme. This is bespoke and certified training. Time back will be given for any training attended outside of working hours
• access to team performance bonus scheme
• opportunity to work alongside other long term and experienced professionals
• great career prospects
• Pension plans
• discount on childcare
• access to Company Counselling services
• Good Ofsted grading in all of our settings
• Hours: Full time position, Monday to Friday between 7.30 am to 6.00 pm at various sites across Leicester.